Where do i sign up/buy tickets?
You can buy tickets for the Bring your Own Computer or Console Tournaments here.
What time does the event run?
The event runs from 9am Saturday 25th November through to 6pm Sunday 26th November.
We don’t close, feel free to stay overnight if you are a PC BYOC player, a console tournament player or even just a spectator!
Console and games will be available to play on for everyone with a spectator ticket or above after the tournaments stop for day 1 at 6pm all through the night until the next morning at 9am when the tournaments star up again.
Where is the venue?
The event is being held in a new venue - NE-Space, above Computer Orbit.
The adress is: NE-Space, above Computer Orbit, 400-408 Old Durham Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE9 5DQ
What Tournaments are there? Can I enter them all?
The Tournaments will change event to event. Our current tournaments for this event can be found here. More may be added so keep checking!
If you have purchased a BYOC ticket you can enter the PC tournaments: CS:GO, League of Legends, and Starcraft 2.
Anyone (BYOC ticket holders included) wanting to participate in: FIFA 18, Street Fighter V, Tekken 7 & Forza 7 will have to purchase either single tournament tickets or a multi tournament ticket as these as separate prize tournaments.
Please note: Some PC tournaments may overlap in with some Console tournaments, we will do our best to ensure you are not playing at the same time in 2 games but this may not always be possible depending on how far you get in a tournament. Concessions will be made where every possible.
How old do I have to be to attend?
We don’t have an age limit on our events, however if you are aged 16 or under, you are required to provide a completed and signed parental consent form on arrival to the event. We would always strongly recommend that those aged 16 & under attend with an older friend or relative. Download the form HERE
If you are a parent sending your child, please ensure that they have everything they need for the event, including money for food and their PC with all of its associated peripherals (if they are participating in the event). We are unable to provide these items or provide direct supervision of your child during the event.
What do I need to bring?
When coming to an event it’s always a good idea to know exactly what you need to bring… There is nothing worse than arriving and realising you have forgotten to bring your mouse & keyboard or a cable for example.
So here is a list of what to bring:
Your Printed ticket Barcode or Confirmation email with barcode on your phone
- PC or laptop
- Mouse power cable and wireless receiver (if wireless)
- Mouse mat
- 4 gang socket adaptor
- Power cables for base unit and monitor
- Monitor cable (DVI/HDMI/Displayport etc)
- Phone charger
- Food/drink (note that you are not permitted to bring your own alcohol into the venue)
- Money/Credit & Debit Cards
Hygiene & Clothing (if staying overnight)
- Wash bag
Do I need to bring ID?
For all tickets to check in yes. If you are under the age where ID is required a parental form must be provided for entry. Find the Parental form HERE
I'm a parent with no interest in gaming, do I still need a ticket?
Yes, anyone coming into the event needs a ticket. For those who just wish to wait or pick up from the event, you can wait downstairs in the Computer orBIT store.
If you wish to stay with your child for the duration you will need a spectator ticket.
Can I stream to Twitch/youtube?
For our 1st event, we are limiting the main bandwidth to event only services to ensure a smooth event.
Going forward we may incorporate the ability to stream in future events.
Do you have disabled access?
Unfortunately, due to the structure of the building, there is currentlyno disabled access to the second floor.
We will however be running some free to play games and VR Demos on the ground floor at Computer orBIT. There is no ticket needed for this.
Am I allowed to use speakers?
Can I bring multiple monitors?
Can I plug in my...?
Probably not! The only items you can plug into the power network are those relating to your PC and low powered peripheral items such as phone chargers.
These are some of the items not permitted:
- Hairdryer/Hair curler
- Any other high power equipment.
Can I file share?
Can I film/take pictures at Well Playd?
What happens with official pictures taken at Well Playd?
Can I bring my own network kit for additional connections?
What is your event cancellation & refund policy?
- Individual tickets are non-transferable
- All bookings and tickets are subject to our refund policy in the event of you wishing to cancel
- Cancellations more than 28 days before the event are subject to a £10.00 administration fee per BYOC individual booking & £5.00 per single/multi tournament booking
- Bookings cancelled within 28 days of the event are non-refundable unless the event is full and your place can be sold to the next person on our waiting list, in which case the £10.00/£5.00 administration fee will still apply.
- To cancel a booking, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your full details and ticket information
- Refunds will typicaly take up to 10 working days to process providing all of the information required is supplied in order to make the transaction
Will there be any servers running on the LAN?
Can you install for me on the server?
If you are wanting us to host a specific game for you that we are not providing, please let us know and we will do our best to host a dedicated server for you for lan play or co-op play.
Do you provide any voice comms?
Yes, we provide an internal Teamspeak server during the event.
They can be connected to by entering the following for the server:
- TeamSpeak - (details will be provided closer to the event)
All servers run on the default ports.
You can also join our Discord server to communicate with admins and other players at the event. Note that Discord is an external service and is reliant on the internet connection to the event.
Do you have PCs available to hire?
Well Playd is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) event. We unfortunately will not have PCs available to hire.
Security & Equipment
Who is responsible for my equipment at the LAN?
You are – Well Playd does not take any responsibility for your equipment at any time during the event. You are strongly advised to take security measures such as locking your equipment to the table and not leaving small valuable items around.
How do you know who should be in the event?
Everybody at the event will be given a wristband to wear dependant on the ticket they have purchased. Staff will be on duty throughout the day and night to check wristbands an ensure only people who should be in the event are in the event.
Is my equipment insured?
Insurance is not provided for your equipment, you are advised to make your own insurance arrangements. Some home contents providers will extend policies to cover you at such events. Public Liability insurance is provided, but this is for people not equipment.
Are there any first aiders at the event?
Qualified first aid cover is available at all times through the event.
Do you use CCTV at your events?
Well Playd may make use of CCTV at its events for the purposes of participant safety and security and adopts the following principles:
- CCTV including its audio output is not recorded at this time, it is use for live monitoring and response by management personnel. Therefore policies regarding retention of and subject access to data are not applicable.
- CCTV is utilised in public areas of the venue to monitor Well Playd events and equipment belonging to Well Playd and its participants.
- The Well Playd management team is responsible for the operation of the system on behalf of the company Well Playd.
- Any complaints regarding the use of CCTV at Well Playd should be reported through our normal reporting systems.
- Well Playd is registered voluntarily with the ICO as a data controller and complies with all elements of the Data Protection Act.
- Use of CCTV at the event does not imply ultimate liability for participants’ personal belongings or security, which remains the responsibility of the individual participant.
- The system will be checked as working on a daily basis during the events by the duty manager.
How do I raise an issue?
If you are at the event, please either use our discord server and the appropriate room or simply head to the admin section located at the end of the BYOC hall.
Can I bring my own alcohol into the venue?
No, the venue premises are not alcohol licensed. Anyone found to bring their own alcohol into the venue will have it confiscated and be asked to leave.
Where can I get food and drink? Can I bring my own?
We have an on site shop which supplies plenty of snacks and soft/caffeine drink items. We release our list of shop items closer to the event. We’ll have a kettle and a microwave available for you to prepare snacks. There are food outlets in Gateshead and Newcastle upon Tyne that are in driving distance and will also deliver to the venue.
You may bring small snack items and soft drinks for your own personal consumption, please note there are no facilities to keep food that requires refridgeration or re-heating. We do not allow mini-fridges or kettles to be plugged into the power sources in the LAN hall.
Where can I sleep?
As this is a weekend event, most people will tend to game all through the night. If you need to sleep, then you can sleep in the main area at your desk, although we strongly recommend using earplugs. Alternatively, the cheapest local hotels are listed below, although you will find more:
Hotel Express - Cuthbert St, newcastle upon Tyne, NE8 1AF
Premier Inn Newcastle Team Valley - Maingate Kingsway North, Gateshead, NE11 0BE
Premier Inn Newcastle South – 443 Lobley Hill Road, Gateshead, NE11 9NA
Durham House Hotel - 95 Durham Road, Gateshead, NE8 4AP
Newcastle City Centre:
Premier Inn Newcastle Quayside - The Quayside, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE! 3AE
Sleeperz Hotel Newcastle - 15 Westgate Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1SE
Surtees Hotel - 12-18 Dean Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 1PG
Where can I park?
The venue does not have dedicated parking due to its location on a main road. There is plenty of street parking available in the adjacent streets. People can park and unload in front of the building with asssistance from Well Playd staff. You can then find a close space to park.