WHAT DOES BYOC MEAN? WHY GO TO A ‘LAN’?
BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) is a ticket-type for PC gamers, one which allows you to bring your PC to the event for the weekend in order to connect to and game on our LAN.
We have room for 75 PC Players with their computers in our BYOC section. Spend 2 days, non-stop, playing next to your friends. Enter tournaments, play some co-op games, dust off some of those old lan games and fire them up!
A LAN or Local Area Network is the term for a group of computers connected over the same network; back in the day, the internet wasn’t as fast as it is today, so in order to get lag free, high-speed multiplayer gaming experiences, players attended LAN events, large and small. Thanks to the Internet, we don’t need to do that anymore, but attending a LAN means so much more to the people who are part of them. It’s a community of gamers all under one roof that you won’t find in the comfort of your own home. Nothing quite beats the buzz of fragging someone across from you or working together co-op, side by side and seeing their reactions!
Come along, take part, meet new friends, even meet people you’ve played with for years online, and above all else, have FUN!
CONFIRMED BYOC TOURNAMENTS
All tournament prizes are subject to team sign ups
BYOC TICKETS £50:
- 1 space in our BYOC Gaming Area
- 1 Power socket (plug in your 4 way power strip to this)
- 1 ethernet cable to connect to our lan & internet
- Entry to our BYOC competitions (CS:GO, Starcraft 2 & League of Legends)
- Entry to any fun PC tournaments (games will be decided as the event draws closer)
- Entry to any fun Console/Retro tournaments (see activites page for up to date info)
For any other questions, please see our FAQ for information regarding what you can, and cannot plug into our power and network.
CONFIRM YOUR BYOC TICKET & SEAT TODAY, WE ONLY HAVE 75 SPACES AVAILABLE!
Your Printed ticket Barcode or Confirmation email with barcode on your phone
- PC or laptop with needed power cables
- Monitor with needed power & display cable (DVI/HDMI/Displayport etc)
- Keyboard, mouse (plus wireless receiver/cable if needed) & mouse mat
- Headset or Headphones (no speakers permitted)
- 4 gang power strip
- Mobile phone charger
- Installation HD / USB / CD / DVD for your operating system
- USB / CD / DVD with essential drivers for worst case re-installation
- Anti-virus software; be sure to have your security software and operating system updated before the event
Hygiene & Health
If staying the night;
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Quick change of clothes
- Needed Medication, be sure to inform the crew if you suffer from any disease or allergies
- Food/drink (note that you are not permitted to bring your own alcohol into the venue)
- Money/Credit & Debit Cards
CONNECT TO THE WELL PLAYD COMMUNITY TODAY.
ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT WELL PLAYD & FIND PEOPLE WHO ARE GOING TO THE EVENT.
FORM TEAMS FOR A TOURNAMENT! MAKE NEW FRIENDS